ATE Printed Circuit Board
ATE PCB (Automated Testing Equipment Printed Circuit Board) can be your answer to testing highly complex devices! With advancing technology, the one thing that becomes imperative is to test highly complex devices in order to ensure reliability. An effective way to do it is viding an automatic test equipment printed circuit board or ATE PCB. It acts as an efficient way to test large test systems.
ATE PCBs especially find wide application in testing different semiconductor chips including:
- Field-programmable Gate Arrays, and more.
To ensure that this testing is suitably carried out, it requires highly-trained and savvy engineering personnel with far superior assembly line technical knowhow than what is required for conventional PCB assembly. At Technotronix; we have the technical knowhow to offer you high quality ATE PCB services.
Capabilities In ATE Printed Circuit Boards
- At Technotronix, investments in the latest tools and processes ensure that we can fabricate test boards at cost effective price points as well with short lead times.
- We have enhanced design for manufacturing capabilities that ensure you do not have to deal with costly delays in case of complex builds.
- Continuous upgradation in technology allows us to keep pace with state-of-the-art ATE test boards.
Benefits of ATE Printed Circuit Board
ATE PCBs have a wide range of benefits. Important among them being:
Reduction in testing time
Manual testing involves a lot of time to make sure that the product is error free. With automated testing the cycle time is substantially reduced. All of this, in turn means quick time to market, which is a significant source of competitive advantage. With ATE systems you can significantly reduce manufacturing costs as also improve yield.
Reduction of errors
With automated testing equipment PCB, the operator has to input data only once. This prevents data input errors. Also the testing procedure does not need any engineering skills. Those skills can therefore be put to more efficient use.
Overall, what you are assured of is consistent testing. In turn this leads to consistent products. With the test equipment data management software, you can also set statistical limits which further improves product reliability.
Application of Automated Testing Equipment PCBs
ATE PCB finds wide use in the following:
- Electronic industry to test electronic components
- Automobile industry to test avionics and electronic modules.
- Semi conductor industry for testing electronic devices and systems ranging from simple components such as resistors, capacitors and inductors to integrated circuits and assembled items.
When it comes to ATE PCBs, any small error can lead to not just monetary loss as well as lost time-to-market. It is imperative, therefore that the ATE PCB program managers have specialized skills that go beyond conventional PCBs. Some of the nuances that they need to be familiar with, include:
- Understanding unconventional diagrams and illustrations. As opposed to the netlist format of conventional PCBs, ATE PCBs require map drawings, bitmaps and ball maps.
- Knowledge of hardware and input requirements related to ATE PCB Assembly.
- Knowledge of various ATE PCB Assembly processes.
This is because compared to conventional PCBs, ATE PCBs are hugely different when it comes to:
- Their size
- Number of layers
- Extra processes required
Technical personnel, therefore, need to be have the requisite knowledge of aspects such as:
- Hardware, tester orientation and configuration
- Stiffeners, cables and other paraphernalia
At Technotronix, we are equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment as well as an expert team that can handle the most specialized requirements for ATE PCBs. Additionally, when you join hands with us you also get access to a rich body of industry best practices that give you an edge.
We are extremely committed to offering quick turnaround times that help you go-to-market early. The fact that we have an unstinting focus on quality endears us to our clients.
All you need to do is to get in touch with our team and share your bespoke requirements. Our experienced team will share a custom quote that is extremely cost-effective and ensures that your project is extremely competitive!
ATE Printed Circuit Board FAQs