Rigid-Flex PCB Technology
We produce multilayered flex and rigid printed circuit boards which are interconnecting layers which help our electronics engineers / layout engineers to have the flexibility to use them as per their custom application / product layout requirements which will also reduce cost.
Rigid-flex PCB's is not just ordinary flexible printed circuit board. It's composition substrate lamination into single board that creates many opportunities and can also allow circuit board / electronic device manufacturing makers to find substitute of multiple printed circuit board interconnection with connectors, wires and ribbon cable to create a single printed circuit board with a view to improve overall performance, reliability and scalability in the process.
TechnoTronix brings tomorrow's innovations today. Our consistent focus on innovation and developing new technologies is nurtured through continuous learning, excellence, distinction, investment and strong customer and supplier relationships. At TechnoTronix, we believe we possess what it takes to make us the ideal partner to provide electronics manufacturing, engineering and layout services for your emerging technologies in mechatronics, green energy, and nanotechnology.
Printed Circuit Board Solution
- Space requirements can be minimized by applying 3D (Rigid / Flex)
- By removing the need for connectors and cables between the individual rigid parts the board size and overall system weight can be reduced.
- By maximizing space, there is often a lower count in parts.
- Less solder joints assure higher connection reliability.
- Handling during assembly is easier in comparison with flexible boards.
- Simplified PCB assembly processes.
- Integrated ZIF contacts provide simple modular interfaces to the system environment.
- Test conditions are simplified. A complete test prior to installation becomes possible.
- Logistical and assembly costs are significantly reduced with flex-rigid boards.
- It is possible to increase the complexity of mechanical layouts, which also improves the degree of freedom for optimized housing solutions.
Capabilities and Layout Rules: Flex & Rigid Flex
|Number of Layers||1 to 12||12 to 24|
|Thickness Tolerance||+/- 10%||+/- 8%|
|Trace Width (mils) - 0.5 oz Copper||5 and above||3 to 4|
|Trace Width (mils) - 1.0 oz Copper||8 and above||5 to 7|
|Smallest Hole Size -Mech. Drilled||10 mils||8 mils|
|Smallest Hole Size -Laser Drilled||4 mils||2 mils|
|Aspect Ratio - PTH||6:1 or Less||Up to 10:1|
|Aspect Ratio - Blind Microvia||0.5:1||0.75:1|
|SMT Pitch (mils)||Over 14||6 to 14|
|Impedance Control Tolerance||+/- 15%||+/- 10 %|
|Min. Pad Size - Int. (mils)||FHS + 22||FHS + 18|
|Min. Anti Pad Size (mils)||FHS + 32||FHS + 26|
|Min. Pad Size - Button Plate (mils)||FHS + 25||FHS + 20|
|Min. Pad Size - Pattern Plate (mils)||FHS + 22||FHS + 18|
|Min. Soldermask Clearance||8 mils||6 mils|
|Min. Soldermask Webbing||8 mils||6 mils|
|Min. Coverfilm Webbing||14 mils||10 mils|
|Covercoat Type||Coverfilm||Flex LPI|
|Allowable Squeeze out per Side||5 mils/mil||3 mils/mil|
|Trace Geometry||Curved||45 degrees|
|Inside Corner||Wide Radius||Radius|
|Bend Radius||Over 18x||10x to 18x|
We invite you to visit our facility. Please feel free to call us at 714/630-9200 to make an appointment to meet with our staff. Contact us for any custom Rigid-Flex Printed Circuit Board manufacturing requirement!
PCB Assembled in 24 hours
Kitted and Turn-Key option as per customers requirement.
REQUEST OUR BROCHURE
Please provide your email address. We’ll send you copy of our brochure in a PDF format.