PCB Functional Testing
PCB functional testing is the most crucial procedure or step to ensure zero defect printed circuit boards. When it comes to any electronics product, quality and reliability are key. Since PCBs are an integral component of any electronic device, this is made possible when the PCB is thoroughly tested and defects, if any are identified. PCB Functional Testing is a crucial step that is undertaken in order to detect defects in PCB Assemblies. It is the step that gives the PCB manufacturer the final green signal to go ahead with the shipping & delivery. At Technotronix, we are taking care about the quality of printed circuit boards, circuit board assemblies, fabrication, prototypes and more. We undertake rigorous testing on the PCBs, including functional testing on PCBs as well as PCB Assemblies. Little surprise then that a range of industries rely on us for their end-to-end PCB assembly services.
PCB Functional Testing Capabilities
Functional testing is being the final step in the manufacturing of PCBs, is an extremely crucial one that can ensure zero-defect PCBs. The concept of functional testing is quite unique. Unlike ICT, for example, where each individual component is tested after soldering to the PCB, functional testing isn’t about individual components but about the overall functionality. With miniaturization emerging as an important trend, the importance of functional testing cannot be overstated.
Here is a quick overview of our functional testing capabilities:
- Our team of qualified test engineers continually evaluate & develop test printed circuit boards and assemblies.
- Functional testing requires instruments such as I/O PCBs, communication ports, digital multimeters and more.
- Normally, the testing is done according to test procedures and specifications mentioned by test engineer.
- With the tester connected to the PCB through a probe point, it stimulates the electrical environment of the PCB.
- It therefore ensures that the testing is full proof and any flaws in either design or functionality is brought to light, thereby ensuring there are no costly mistakes at a later date.
Benefits of PCB Functional Testing Service
There are several benefits of PCB functional testing including but not limited to:
- Detection of any faulty or missing components.
- In case of any fault, it triggers a root cause analysis.
- Importantly the entire process of analysis and fixing is documented. This, in turn, ensures that there is a laid down guideline that helps improve quality.
- It is cost-efficient.
- It works in sync with other testing methodologies such as in-circuit testing and flying probe testing.
- It can be used to test each PCB so that there are no chances of error.
Application of PCB Functional Testing
PCB Functional testing finds wide application as the final PCB manufacturing process. It is the final test that determines whether or not the PCB can be shipped. Since the test validates that the hardware is free of defects, it finds extensive application in PCB manufacturing and assembly. While the requirements as well as the procedures of a functional test may be different, its role in testing printed circuit boards’ functionality cannot be overstated.
Ensure Printed Circuit Board Functional Testing with Technotronix
Over the last 4 decades Technotronix has emerged as a reliable end-to-end partner for your PCB fabrication and assembly requirements. No matter how complex your requirement is, you can count on our team of experts to offer you plausible solutions. What we also have on offer are industry best practices that ensure that you are not required to make costly mistakes.
The big advantage that we offer is also our quick turnaround times that ensure that you can go-to market quickly. We are well-equipped to offer both prototype quantities and large production runs, also endear us to our customers.
The fact that we have an extremely experienced and qualified team ensures that we undertake robust testing for all our PCBs. With our PCBs complying with the highest industry standards and certifications, you can rest assured that you receive cutting-edge products. Our printed circuit boards are complied with IPC standards, as well as ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D standards.
We also offer PCB turnkey services that take away the hassle from you and offer you high quality products.
What you need to do is to simply get in touch with our team and share your requirements. We offer you a competitive quote that ensures the cost-effectiveness of your project.
PCB Functional Testing FAQs
PCB Assembled in 24 hours
Kitted and Turn-Key option as per customers requirement.
REQUEST OUR BROCHURE
Please provide your email address. We’ll send you copy of our brochure in a PDF format.