Bare Board Printed Circuit Boards
A bare board PCB (printed circuit boards) and the bare board testing play critical roles in PCB creation. Bare board, is the PCB before the electric components or through holes are placed on it. A bare board printed circuit boards are comprising of:
- Metal Coating
- Conductive Pathways
Through a bare board layout, you could determine the placement of the components. In addition, the bare board testing can go a long way in ensuring that what you have is a reliable product.
At Technotronix, we can configure PCB bare boards as per your specifications while also offering effective bare PCB testing capabilities. Technotronix is a leading bare board provider in California, United States. We can manufacture configurations of bare circuit boards based on your custom specification.
Our bare printed circuit boards also assist you in penalization, place your PCB on large boards, mounting and plating process. We understand the complexity of PCB bare board manufacturing. Our goal is to provide best product which can fit your needs and best customer service.
Capabilities of Bare Circuit Boards
Technotronix Inc is known for its ability to offer high quality PCB bare boards. Our capabilities include designing bare boards to your bespoke needs to that they can support the components that you require.
In addition, our bare board (PCB) also help you in panelization as well as placing your Printed circuit board to larger boards.
|Maximum Board Layers||Up to 12 layers|
|Bare Board Types||Single Sided PCB, Double Sided PCB, Multilayer PCB, Rigid PCB, Flex PCB, Rigid-Flex PCB|
|Board thickness (multilayer board)||Maximum:0.13" (any layers); Minimum: 0.025" (4 layer)|
|Board thickness (1- or 2-layer board)||0.02", 0.031”, 0.039”, 0.047”, 0.062”, 0.078”, 0.094”, 0.118", 0.125"|
|Tolerance of board thickness||+/- 10%|
|Base materials||FR-4, FR-406 (Tg 150 deg C), FR-408 (Tg 170 deg C), G10, CEM3, Rogers, Alumina Ceramic|
|Copper weight and minimum trace width/space required||0.5 oz (min. trace width/space 4 mil), 1 oz (min. trace width/space 5 mil),
2 oz (min. trace width/space 7 mil), 4 oz (min. trace width/space 12 mil), 6 oz (min. trace width/space 20 mil), 8 oz (min. trace width/space 40 mil)
|Minimum conductor width and space||0.003" (0.075 mm) for conductors including trace and annular ring|
|Minimum finished hole size||0.006" (0.15mm).|
|Silkscreen/Legend colors||white, yellow, black, pink, red|
|Solder Mask (LPI)||Colors: Green, Black, Red, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Silver, Gold|
|Maximum hole aspect ratio||10:01|
|Surface plating||Tin/Lead HASL, immersion gold (soft gold), electrolytic gold (hard gold), immersion tin, immersion silver, OSP|
|Bare Board Testing||Isolation Testing: This means verifying that the required resistance between two separate electrical connections is met.
Continuity Testing: Which involves verifying there are no open points within the circuit.
Benefits of PCB Bare Board
Bare Circuit Boards come with a number of advantages including:
- Saving on Costs - This stand to reason since you are undertaking extensive testing in the initial stages of the design. What you do not have to contend with, therefore are Bare printed circuit boards that are wrongly assembled, which can turn out to be a very costly mistake.
- Saving on time - Once again, since you are identifying issues in the early stages, you don’t tend to lose out on precious time. This can be a huge source of competitive advantage, since this could mean quick time-to-market.
- Easy Resolution - With bare board testing it will be easy to identify and resolve issues early on.
- Reliability - The most important advantage of bare board testing is the reliability that it offers. At a time of miniaturization, boards are extremely densely populated. It is, therefore, important to ensure that your bare board (PCB) is up to soldering the expensive components on it.
- Our bare board testing is done via the Flying Probe Method that works well even for small production volumes and offers affordability as well as flexibility.
Application of Bare Boards (Printed Circuit Boards)
- High quality PCBs find applications across industries from consumer electronics to industrial applications, medical devices, automotive application & more.
- Bare board PCB testing also finds ubiquitous use as it can improve the PCB design process.
- It is extremely helpful in early stages of development as it streamlines many aspects of production, besides leading to savings in cost & time.
- With Printed circuit boards, being smaller and densely populated, its importance is only slated to grow as it is getting more and more challenging to keep track of the traces, vias, through holes and more.
- With bare boards, you tend to save time and money on costly errors, repairs and maintenance.
technotronix advantage for pcb bare board manufacturing
At Technotronix, we have over 4 decades of experience in fabricating as well as assembling high quality bare PCB boards. Not only do we offer high quality bare circuit boards, our team of experts is fully equipped with the requisite knowledge and industry best practices to assemble highly complex bare boards.
Whether your requirement is rigid, flex or rigid flex bare board (PCB), we have you covered. From single side to multi layered boards, you can count on us for their high quality. We also have a wide range of materials available to match your bespoke needs. Our specialty also lies in catering to RoHS compliant bare circuit boards.
The big advantage that we offer is in terms of our quick turnaround times that ensures that you do not have to wait for days for us to fulfill your requirements.
The fact that we are an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016 & AS9100 Rev. D Certified PCB Assembly company & AS9100 Rev D gives our clients confidence in our adherence to quality standards.
Irrespective of what your volume requirements are, we have the right solutions. From requirements for printed circuit board prototypes to large production runs, we have you fully covered.
All you need to do is to share your exact requirements with our team and we will get back to you with a competitive, custom quote.
Bare Board PCB FAQs
- Metal Coating
- Conductive Pathways
FR-4, FR-406 (Tg 150 deg C), FR-408(Tg 170 deg C), G10, CEM3, Rogers, alumina ceramic.