Flexible Circuit Boards
Flexible circuit boards are your go-to-choice when you need PCBs to offer you the freedom of shaping them into different configurations. In fact, Flex PCBs derive their name from their capability to ensure that the circuitry can be designed to fit the electronic device instead of building the device in a manner in which it fits the circuitry. With a malleable base material, flexible printed circuit boards are a popular choice as they offer enhanced capabilities to suit today’s complex and miniature appliances. With the design freedom that they offer, flexible printed circuit boards result in lightweight and durable products. From wearable technology to medical equipment, its use is ubiquitous as it helps retain the precision of a regular PCB while offering unlimited freedom as far as the packaging geometry is concerned.
As a leading flexible printed circuit boards manufacturer, we are fully equipped to offer you high-quality flexible printed circuit boards to meet your bespoke requirements. Avail of the boundless freedom of packing geometry offered by flexible PCB!
With consistently growing demand of flexible circuit boards, At Technotronix we can take up anu challenges from design, manufacturing, prototyping, through final production to deliver the quality production at competitive price!
Capabilities of flexible circuit boards
We have the following capabilities when it comes to flexible PCBs:
|Types of Flex PCBs||Single Sided Flex PCB, Double Sided Flex PCB, Multilayer Flex PCB, Rigid Flex PCB, Heavy Copper flex circuit boards|
|Quality Grade||IPC 6013|
|Number of Layers||1 – 24 layers|
|Order Quantity||1pc - 10000+pcs|
|Build Time||2 days – 5 weeks|
|Board Size||Min 6*6mm, Max 406*610mm|
|Board Thickness||0.1mm - 0.8mm|
|Copper Weight (Finished)||0.5oz - 2.0oz|
|Surface Finish||HASL - Hot air solder leveling
Lead - free HASL - RoHS
ENIG - RoHS
Immersion Tin - RoHS
OSP – RoHS
|Other Techniques||Peelable solder mask
Stiffener (only for PI/FR4 substrate)
Benefits of flexible printed circuit boards
Flexible circuit boards come with a wide range of benefits including but not limited to:
- Flex PCB has small package size lends itself seamlessly to the current trend of miniaturization. That they are lighter than normal boards add to their efficacy.
- Flexible printed circuit boards are known for their high tensile strength and work well in harsh environments.
- With their low mass and high ductility, flexible PCBs work well in environments where there is a lot of vibration. The stress and impact on the solder joints on a flex PCB is far lower than that faced by rigid PCBs.
- Custom flexible circuit boards are also known for their high current carrying capacity.
- Flexible PCB boards are known for their reliability since they need fewer interconnects, connectors and solder joints.
- The fact that flexible printed circuits are compatible with any type of components and connectors adds to their popularity.
- With reduced materials and packaging demands, reduced assembly errors and reduced parts replacement costs, it results in sizeable cost savings.
Application of flexible PCB manufacturing
In situations where reliability and adaptability are at a premium, flexible PCB manufacturing is increasingly preferred. Little surprise then that they find a wide range of application in a wide variety of industries such as:
Technotronix Advantage as a flexible PCB manufacturer
Whether you are looking at custom flexible circuit boards, new product launch and have the requirement for flex PCB prototypes or are looking for a large production run, you need to avail of the Technotronix advantage. At Technotronix, we have over 40 years of fabricating and assembling a wide variety of flexible circuit boards. With state-of-the-art equipment, we deliver the highest quality boards that you can rely on. Armed with an experienced team that can advise you on industry best practices, what you get when you join hands with us, isn’t just a vendor but a partner who is invested in your success. No matter how complex your requirement, you can count on us to deliver to your bespoke needs. Our stringent quality control processes ensure that the boards deliver to your benchmarks. That fact that we are an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016 & AS9100 Rev. D Certified PCB Assembly company means that you can rest assured on the flex PCB quality.
Another major reason why a huge portfolio of clients reposes their trust on us, is the fact that we offer quick turnaround times that in turn give you great competitive advantage. Irrespective of the quantity required by you, count on us to stick to our deadlines.
All you need to do is to share your detailed requirements of flexible circuit boards with our team and we will get back to you with a competitive, custom quote.
Flexible Circuit Boards FAQs
- To strengthen areas of the board
- To support PCB components
- To keep certain areas flat and stable
- To constrain the flexible parts to specified areas.
- HASL - Hot air solder leveling
- Lead - free HASL - RoHS
- ENIG - RoHS
- Immersion Tin - RoHS
- OSP – RoHS