The medical industry is a very sensitive field and needs you to be very careful when dealing with it. A small mistake can even pay back hundredfold dangers than you can imagine. Failure in functioning or delaying work can cause a major risk of health injury in patients. To avoid such mistakes, every device and medical equipment needs to work properly.
Cable assembly plays an important role in the safety and security of medical applications. So, at the time of manufacturing, you need to carefully choose the Medical Cable Assembly for the best results in the healthcare appliances.
As you can notice, it is a crucial decision to choose. In the article, we discussed the important features you have to look at during the time of choosing medical cable and wire harness assembly.
Top Points you must consider during Medical Cable Assembly Selection:
As many aspects are dependent on your decision during the time of selection of cable assembly manufacturer, it seems a lot of pressure on your decision. Several factors you have to notice, some of these are mentioned below –
The durability of the Assembly:
Durability is a concern to consider. The stability of the medical equipment directly affects the potential of the service. Sometimes the device may be carelessly handled by the medical team or patient, but the equipment has to have such potential to withstand such resistance.
In some adverse environments also, the device needs to function appropriately to provide the treatment to the patient uninterruptedly. Any delayed function or malfunction may cost the life of patients.
It is not only durable, but long-lasting equipment is also economically effective as it has less chance of functional error, which means less repairing cost.
It means the capability of providing an uninterrupted, steady, accurate power supply of the Assembly. The importance of signal integrity in the medical field is precious because of the frequent use of emergency healthcare services. If there is an impaired condition on electricity, that may cause a serious issue in a crisis.
There are mainly two types of cables assemblies, one single-use and the other is disposable, reusable cable. Reusable cable is much preferable because it is cost-effective. The cable used in the disposable cable can tolerate the effect of sterilization which is done to make the hospital room germ-free. Sterilizer may be chemical or autoclave, but the cable must have the potential to withstand it.
An authentic reusable cable assembly is made up of such materials that can sustain the sterilization process. Reusable cable is purchased in many numbers; that’s why the price per cable becomes reduced.
Quality of the cable:
Good quality material is always preferable. A promising medical cable wire assembly components contain –
- Conductor: It contains metal that transmits the electrical signal through the wire to the medical equipment.
- Insulator: That contains some polymers compounds that resist the leakage of electricity from equipment to prevent short circuits.
- Jacket: It helps the inner components to stay under the outer shell by covering it. It made the device easy to handle while the sterilization process became easy during the sterilization process.
The cable must be the features to adopt any environmental situation. In need, the circumstances may change, but the cable has to do its wonder at any conditions.
The reason behind the careful selection of the medical cable assembly:
- First, the medical field deals with human life, so anything concerned with health must be considered with keen observation. In the case of medical cable assembly also the rule must apply. There is no room for mistakes in this medical care, knowingly or unknowingly, as we have to make the equipment as error-free as possible.
- Any error in the medical equipment can instantly cause deterioration of the patient’s health, which is against the oath of any health care professionals. And if anything happens to the patient, the finger of the allegation always tends to rise to the health care professionals.
- Not only patients, default in equipment like a short circuit can cause mishaps to medical staff also. Anyone who handles technically defeated equipment is prone to an injury to any extent.
- Good cable assembly leads to good health care services, which increases the brand value of your hospitality.
- Any accident badly affects the reputation of your service because no one tries to compromise on their near and dear one’s health.
- A frequent fault in medical equipment services also impacts the expense of the service because of the number of times it rips into more abundance in the requirements of the repair of the device.
- Default service related to the hamper in the continuity in the services. If the device gets defective from time to time, the regular care gets interrupted.
So, as you learn from the above discussion, the patient’s well-being admitted under the medical services is directly dependent on the functioning of the equipment used. The functioning of the device is conditional on the working potential of the medical cable and harness assembly.
Before using the medical cable assembly:
- Examine it properly.
- Investigate its working capability.
- Testify that it doesn’t harm anyone by any means who handle it or on whom these are applied directly or indirectly.
TechnoTronix excels in providing PCB assembly solutions to medical industry. With over 4 decades of industry experience and rich knowledge, little surprise then that TechnoTronix has emerged as a preferred partner of choice across industries including the Medical PCB Assembly.