Methods Of Printed Circuit Board Recycling And Moral Codes Of Electronics
With the changing customer preference and demand every other day, technology is blooming with a matured progress in the world of electronics. These electronic developments that have created magics in the quality of life for humans has only been possible due to advancement in printed circuit boards, becoming the core groundwork of every electronic system. In addition to the new innovation in every electrical system, the effective solution for the scrape, waste and unused electronics is creating a sensitive buzz and concern worldwide. This article is a technical trek that will help equip you with different methods of printed circuit board recycling. It brings forward the innovative concepts for PCB recycling treatments. To get insights into the techniques of recycling the waste printed circuit board and how it proves to be in favor of the environment, have a read!
It has become a sensitive concern to tackle the electronic scrap, electrical waste and unused electronics. The PCB fabricator and electronics manufacturers are now creating a new podium of PCB recycling. With this, one can get riches of multiple uses of various material and resources that are outcome of PCB recycling. Understanding the primitive, direct and advanced PCB recycling methods will make it easier to select the exact technique that can prove effective and cost savvy. TechnoTronix team provides PCB services for Renewable Energy printed circuit board prototyping.
There are various methods to recycle the printed circuit board. The direct techniques include landfills and incineration while the primitive recycling techniques consist of the Hydrometallurgy, Pyrometallurgy, complete recovery of non metallic fraction and Biometallurgy methods. Further researches have come up with the advanced PCB recycling technologies.
The extracts of value metal and components is a primitive technology to recycle the circuit boards. This accounts for heating the cables to extract the copper with evaporation of the unwanted resource. Another method that is well practiced since the past decade is the incinerator hazardous and leaching of chemical and heavy metals into the landfills.
The highly used PCB recycling methods that help recover precious metal scrap, electronic components, PCB’s and connectors are Electro chemical, mechanical shredding, Hydro-metallurgy and smelting process. By smelting and striping option, the ferrous metal, large & small structural metal parts, wires, heat sinks, cables, non ferrous metal scrap, ceramic and ferrite components are recovered. With innovation and technology driven methods, it is even possible to recover the hazardous wastes like mercury switches, CFC, CRT, flame retardant plastic, capacitor and batteries.
The Printed Circuit Board Recycling That Is Practiced Globally :
- The precise method to treat the metal fractions is the biotechnological, Hydrometallurgy or the Pyrometallurgy process that is well defined by the mechanical shredding, Hydrometallurgy and physical separation from the circuit board. Firstly the pre-treatment process consist of disassembling the toxic and reusable parts with segregating the PCB. Secondly the Physical separation is done with the help of magnetic separators, electrostatic , eddy current and other methods. The Gasification and Pyrolysis is then performed as a part of chemical recycling to get precious metal components.
- Other effective PCB recycling method that recovers the precious metals is the combination of the Smelting, Electrolysis and Hydrometallurgy. In this, the Smelting takes place with treating the connectors, processors, PCB’s and IC’s with the precious metal smelter and integrated copper. Here the Smelting takes place without reducing the size of circuit base. The required metal is then refined without reduction in the quantity. In addition to this, the Electrometallurgy, Pyrometallurgy and Hydrometallurgy process extracts the precious metals from the cores.
- The well developed technology for reuse and recycling of electronic waste also proves efficient with the process of pulverization, chemical leaching and physical separation process. The combinations that are used to recycle the printed circuit boards also involve Depopulation, Calciner and Pyrolysis technique.
Scrutinizing the PCB Recycling process that best suits your project:
- Dismantling and Segregation: The electronic product is segregated into spare parts and further Dismantling it into PCB’s.
- The populated PCB is converted into pulverized one and then physical separation is carried out with gravity or magnetic or electrical process.
- The derived rich metal powder that consists of Cu, Au Ag, Pd metal fractions which is then individually separated with the help of chemical leaching process.
- The PCB is depopulated into PCB components and then is treated with the process of Pyrolysis that separates the Oil, Solid and Gasious substance.
- This derives the materials with the help of Smelting and Calcination process.
- The Metals are recovered by further processing the materials into the Electrolysis and Chemical leaching treatment.
The PCB recycling methods are many that are derived from an effective combination of innovative technologies that has and are taking a step ahead in preserving the environment. The PCB manufacturers, researchers are heading towards coming up with more Eco-friendly concepts to recycle the printed circuit boards and electronic scrap that can help reuse the precious metal, parts and chemicals without polluting the environment at large.
With having a combined extensive year of experience in PCB Manufacturing services, TechnoTronix has created a strong customer base for varied industries to shape up new trends for the electronic manufacturers across the globe. In addition to catering to these PCB services, TechnoTronix also has achieved specialization in PCB recycling with the help of a skilled team of experts. To get a consultation on PCB recycling and to understand the method that best suits your project, why not call us at 714/630-9200? In order to inbox us your queries or to ask for quotation, you can simply drop us an email to email@example.com.